Philips Lifeline Medical Alert System AppShockoe utilized Appcelerator to create a cross-platform response app that provides quick access to help at the press of a button for Philips Lifeline
About Philips Lifeline
Philips Lifeline invented the medical alert system category over 40 years ago and is the number one service in the country today.
Philips Lifeline remains the top medical alert service in the United States, having served over seven million subscribers, and it continues to lead the industry in providing meaningful innovations like Lifeline with AutoAlert, fulfilling its mission to help individuals and families lead more comfortable confident lives.
The mobile development team at Shockoe worked with the Philips Lifeline team to build an emergency support app that locates and can send response teams to a user’s current location.
Although, building a cross-platform app that supported iOS and Android devices were important. We realized the importance of the device and functionality in saving people’s lives.
As the first app of its kind, Philips Lifeline knew the importance of deploying a quality application that would perform in every location.
The Philips Lifeline Response app provides quick access to help at the press of a button. If you have a smartphone, you have all the equipment you need. Shockoe ensured that if you need help, the app’s easy to use one-touch call button will give you a direct line to a Lifeline Response Associate ready to help. Thanks to the 24/7 call center, users now have a trusted team, ready to support a user in an emergency
Interested in learning more? Download our PDF!
- Talk directly to a live, trained professional
- Dedicated 24/7 call center for Medical Alert Service
- Immediate contact to family, friends, or neighbors
- Locate where you are—the response app uses your smartphone’s location technology to assist Philips in getting help to you quickly
- 70% of code was reused when deploying to iOS & Android devices using Appcelerator
- Geo-location capabilities provide real-time user tracking capabilities
- Integrated with clients existing XMPP infrastructure providing native performance while using java script
- Application integration with XMPP server allowing the application to connect with current Healthcare Infrastructure while providing immediate client response and service
Interested in what it would take to kick off your project?
Our experience and core services include strategy & transformation, user experience & design, mobile application development, and API management.