In this episode, we are joined by guests Will Loving and Scott Walker, founders of Ironworks and Consult360. We discuss topics around entrepreneurship and what it means to be a successful start-up leader in a volatile tech economy.
We’ll dive deeper into what it meant to establish a tech company in the dot-com bubble, how they’ve seen tech consulting evolve, and how the senior leadership team at Ironworks went on to start their own ventures now driving a large part of the Richmond tech scene.
Stemmed from Ironworks
- Fuel Digital
- Tenant Turner
What is Mobile By Design?
This show was started by Shockoe, a mobile app development shop based in Richmond, Virginia whose goal is helping companies create better tools to improve utility for their customers and employees. We’re a podcast about all things technology, business, and design.
How to listen:
You can listen below, or subscribe (it’s free!) in your favorite podcast app. All links are listed below the media player.
Consulting, leadership, and beyond
by Shockoe | Mobile by designAudio Player
- How has tech consulting changed over the years? Would Ironworks follow the same strategy today?
- What challenges did Ironworks face?
- What made you start and push Ironworks through was a nuclear winter for technology?
- What proved successful for recruiting technology leaders and in turn selling to giant companies?
- What did you see in technology that other companies didn’t?
- Tell us about a time before mobile phones and the proven track record of digital enterprise technology. How did you help companies understand that value?
- Ironworks grew to over 200 employees before being acquired by ICF — tell us about the companies that stemmed off and the successes you have seen branch from your initial operation.
- What is the single most important leadership trait towards creating impactful leaders?
Sign up for the Shockoe newsletter and we’ll keep you updated with the latest blogs, podcasts, and events focused on emerging mobile trends.