Test Automation Engineer
Are you looking to expand your experience in a growing company and build amazing mobile solutions? Are you interested in working on a team developing custom mobile solutions for the best brands in the world? Do you want to work on a team with IT strategists, User Experience Strategists, UI Designers, and mobile developers to create the best design and experience for enterprise and consumer apps? We’re focused on redefining how organizations connect with users in an increasingly digital world. If you’re up for that challenge, we encourage you to apply.
Being an Automation Engineer at Shockoe.com
Simply put, Shockoe Engineers are building amazing mobile solutions. You will work with a team of developers and testers to develop custom mobile solutions for some of the best brands in the world.
Working here, you will be a part of a highly collaborative team. You will work closely with our clients ensuring our custom mobile solutions are thoroughly tested and meet our high-quality standards. With the products you build, you will change people’s lives by providing them with technology that eases their pain such as improving industry workflows and connecting fortune 500 companies with their customers. If you are interested in helping to drive mobile forward and changing the way companies work, then join us here at Shockoe.
Life working at Shockoe:
- Throughout the day, you will collaborate with your teammates and interact with our clients – all while being based out of our Richmond, VA office
- Grab a snack from our fully stocked kitchen
- Be part of our Wednesday team lunch and learn. Lunch is provided by Shockoe.
- Have fun every 6-8 weeks participating in Shockoe Day o’ Fun (outings have included a haunted tour of Shockoe, local breweries, and an arcade)
- Be a part of our yearly internal Hackathon
- Stay ahead of technology by learning not only mobile but VR, AR, AI, and other Immersive Media
Responsibilities of a Test Automation Engineer
- Convert manual test preparation into automated test preparation
- Design, create, test and implement solutions in order to automate as much of the manual test preparation as possible by using codes and scripts
- Consult on automation tools/techniques, feasibility, and implementation, process improvements as well as maintenance plans. Engages with tool vendors for tool assessments
- Identify any challenges that could cause problems during the test automation process
- Work with project managers, experience designers, and developers to ensure that the testing process is completed smoothly
- Determine when to implement test automation and when an app needs manual or UI Testing
- Test apps in phases, including the unit test phase, the function and system test phase, and the test automation phase (Or regression test)
- Manual testing for features that cannot be automated or those added to the app that has not yet been automated
- Develop and execute test cases to diagnose issues and bugs, creating test data when required
- Participate in defining and communicating best practices
- Improve and automate test strategies and software configurations
- Define test strategies and test manuals for tracking and fixing issues
- Incorporate the testing process into the continuous integration process
- Experience with one of the following: Appium, SOASTA, espresso, selenium other mobile testing tool sets
- Experience testing custom Android and/or iOS apps
- Understanding of the mobile development life cycle
- API experience
- Working knowledge of Git, MongoDB, SQL, and NodeJS
- Bonus: Knowledge of Android and/or iOS SDK’s