From customer portals and content management to integration with existing enterprise applications, our Solution Architects design and build cloud-based applications and web services that drive our mobile apps. They identify the technologies that are the right fit for our clients and will achieve the project objectives. And then they get to build what they recommend!
At Shockoe, you will be a part of a highly collaborative team. This role requires someone passionate about designing solutions from the ground up and able to work across multiple hosting providers such as AWS, Azure, and Google. You will represent Shockoe directly with clients, creating custom solutions for various industries. If you are interested in helping to drive mobile forward and changing the way companies work, then join us.
Life working at Shockoe:
- Throughout the day, you will collaborate with your teammates and interact with our clients – all while being based out of our Richmond, VA office.
- Grab a snack from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Be part of our Wednesday team lunch and learn. Lunch is provided by Shockoe.
- Have fun every 6-8 weeks participating in Shockoe Day o’ Fun (we have gone to places like Busch Gardens, local breweries, and arcades)
- Be a part of our yearly internal Hackathon.
- Stay ahead of technology by learning not only mobile but what is next.
- Work with clients to understand objectives and requirements from both business and technical perspectives to design, build, deploy, and support enterprise applications.
- Evaluate technology alternatives such as hosting providers, API gateways, and development frameworks to identify the right solution for each client.
- Create architecture diagrams that communicate our approach. Estimate one-time and ongoing technology costs.
- Build out performant, easy to use, cost-effective, and secure solution environments for our development teams.
- Participate in development activities such as database design and setup, API design and development, and responsive web design and development.
- 5 plus years of progressive technology experience creating cloud-based applications.
- Practical experience as a hands-on developer as well as an architect.
- Ability to design, build and support enterprise AWS solutions.
- A solid understanding of AWS alternatives including Google Cloud and Azure; with knowledge of services offered, pricing, and tradeoffs.
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs, especially for mobile applications.
- Experience designing and building relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience designing and setting up source code control and continuous integration processes.
- Understanding the mobile development lifecycle.
- Serverless architecture experience is a plus.
- Full-stack development expertise (especially Angular or React and Node.js) is a plus.