Are you looking to gain experience in a growing company helping redefine the way businesses approach Mobile? Help enable customers and employees? And support the growing demand for mobile and other emerging technology? Do you want to own delivery of enterprise and consumer apps, working with brand strategists, user experience experts, and developers to meet business goals? We’re focused on redefining how organizations connect with users in an increasingly digital world. If you’re up for that challenge, we encourage you to apply.
Being a Product Owner at Shockoe
As a Product Owner, you’ll have the opportunity to play a variety of roles, from defining a client’s strategic objectives for a mobile solution to managing the delivery of that solution. You’ll own the project on the behalf of our clients and dig into the details of the implementation, defining features and managing Shockoe schedule, budget, and resources. If you are interested in helping our clients drive mobile forward, then join us here at Shockoe.
Life working at Shockoe
Throughout the day, you will collaborate with your teammates and interact with our clients – all while being based out of our Richmond, VA office.
- Grab a snack from our fully stocked kitchen
- Be part of our Wednesdays’ team lunch and learn. Pick lunch from one the restaurant around Scott’s Addition
- Have fun every 6-8 weeks participating in Shockoe Day o’ Fun (outings have included touring local breweries, arcade, paintball)
- Work in an open environment where creativity is welcome and encouraged
- Define how Shockoe will approach a project to produce a thoughtful and unique solution.
- Lead client discovery sessions and tease out the business drivers, brand equities, and user insights that will result in an awesome app that you will be proud of.
- Manage day to day product delivery including requirements, design, development.
- Track project budget, schedule, risks, issues, and communicate with client sponsors.
- Be the voice of the client with Shockoe design and development teams.
- Wear many hats: One day you may be providing overall product strategy and the next you’ll be the lead tester for an app.
- 3+ years of experience in the mobile or web technology
- 2+ years defining product requirements
- Experience managing project delivery including budgets, schedules, resources, and communications with project stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of mobile technologies and development practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of agile software delivery.
- Leading agile teams as a product owner or scrum master.
- Experience writing functional specifications, user stories, and acceptance criteria.
- Experience delivering analysis and presentations to C-level stakeholders.