Mobile Web Developer
Are you looking to expand your experience in a growing company and build amazing mobile solutions? Are you interested in working on a team developing custom mobile solutions for the best brands in the world? Do you want to work on a team with brand strategists, user experience experts, business analysts, and mobile developers to create the best design and experience for enterprise and consumer apps? We’re focused on redefining how organizations connect with users in an increasingly digital world. If you’re up for that challenge, we encourage you to apply.
Being a Mobile Web Developer at Shockoe:
Simply put, Shockoe Mobile Web Developers build amazing mobile solutions. They work as a team to develop custom solutions for some of the best brands in the world.
Working here, you will be a part of a highly collaborative team. You will work closely with our clients developing custom solutions for various industries. With the products you build, you will change people’s lives by providing them with technology that eases their pain such as improving industry workflows and connecting fortune 500 companies with their customers. If you are interested in helping to drive mobile forward and changing the way companies work, then join us here at Shockoe
Life Working at Shockoe:
- Throughout the day, you will collaborate with your teammates and interact with our clients – all while being based out of our Richmond, VA office
- Grab a snack from our fully stocked kitchen
- Be part of our Wednesday team lunch and learn. Lunch is provided by Shockoe.
- Have fun every 6-8 weeks participating in Shockoe Day o’ Fun (outings have included a haunted tour of Shockoe, local breweries, and an arcade)
- Be a part of our yearly internal Hackathon
- Stay ahead of technology by learning not only mobile but what is next- you’ll have a learning allowance
- Work with the product and design team to understand end-user requirements and use cases, then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Integrate with our backend services to make sure we are delivering a great mobile user experience that’s super-fast for end users
- In addition to pushing out code, you’ll help improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and have the chance to contribute innovative and original ideas to our technology, algorithms and product
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results within a schedule
- 3 plus years of recent hands-on coding and software design experience
- Evidence of being self-motivated and driven – you find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve hard problems
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Working knowledge of Git
- Rest-API experience (NodeJS, Hapi, Joi, Express)
- Experience working with Java, PHP
- Experience with Objective-C and a willingness to learn new technologies if needed (ideally you have shipped 1-2 substantial apps and know how to integrate with backend RESTful APIs)
- A working knowledge of frameworks that includes: Mongo DB, Node.js, and Angular
- Prior exposure to PL/SQL is required
- Experience with Linux/Unix and scripting languages like Python, Perl, shell scripting, etc.
- Working knowledge of SDKs that includes test applications and related documentatio
- BS/BA in a related field
At this time, Shockoe cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship. In addition, we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements.