Mobile QA Tester
Are you looking to expand your experience in a growing company and build amazing mobile solutions? Are you interested in working on a team developing custom mobile solutions for the best brands in the world? Do you want to work on a team with IT strategists, User Experience Strategists, UI Designers, and mobile developers to create the best design and experience for enterprise and consumer apps? We’re focused on redefining how organizations connect with users in an increasingly digital world. If you’re up for that challenge, we encourage you to apply.
Being a Mobile QA Tester at Shockoe
Simply put, our team builds amazing mobile solutions. You will work with a team of designers, developers and architects to develop custom mobile solutions for some of the best brands in the world.
Working here, you will be a part of a highly collaborative team. You will collaborate with our clients ensuring our custom mobile solutions are thoroughly tested and meet our high-quality standards. With the products you build, you will change people’s lives by providing them with technology that eases their pain such as improving industry workflows and connecting fortune 500 companies with their customers. If you are interested in helping to drive mobile forward and changing the way companies work, then join us here at Shockoe.
Life working at Shockoe:
Throughout the day, you will collaborate with your teammates and interact with our clients – all while being based out of our Richmond, VA office
Grab a snack from our fully stocked kitchen
Be part of our Wednesday team lunch and learn. Lunch is provided by Shockoe.
Have fun every 6-8 weeks participating in Shockoe Day o’ Fun (outings have included a haunted tour of Shockoe, local breweries, and an arcade)
Be a part of our yearly internal Hackathon
Stay ahead of technology by learning not only mobile but VR, AR, AI, and other Immersive Media
Shockoe’s advocate for user experience in addition to ensuring that a high level of quality is built into all delivered solutions (Mobile, API, and Immersive Media). You’ll be part of an integrated product team, working directly with developers, project managers, and designers, and clients.
You will focus on, but not limit yourself to:
• Collaboratively work as part of an Agile product team to create and test our mobile solutions, web app, and API
• Use your creativity and product knowledge to write detailed test plans
• Manage and create test cases and execution paths based on product requirements
• Identify the appropriate data for testing, and work on data conditioning needs
• Evaluate product functionality using manual and some automated testing methods
• Document and prioritize defects and bugs, and work with the team to resolve issues
• Define, develop, and revise quality standards and comprehensive testing procedures for software evaluation
• Proactively identify and communicate project and testing risks
• Identify and execute initiatives that improve the QA process and efficiency
• Experience testing custom Android and/or iOS apps
• At least 1 year of QA Testing experience
• Understanding of the mobile development lifecycle
• Excellent knowledge of best practices and tools for mobile app testing and releases
• Experience working with bug tracking software such as Jira
• Strong verbal and written skills
• Open to learning new skills
• Bonus: Experience with automation tools such as Appium or other mobile testing toolsets
• Bonus: Knowledge of API, Git, SQL