Are you looking to expand your experience in a growing company and build amazing mobile solutions? Are you interested in working on a team to develop custom mobile solutions for some of the best brands in the world? Do you want to work on a team with brand strategists, user experience experts, business analysts, and mobile developers to create the best design and experience for enterprise and consumer apps?
We’re focused on redefining how organizations connect with users in an increasingly digital world. If you’re up for that challenge, we encourage you to apply.
Being an Android Developer at Shockoe.com
Simply put, Shockoe Android Developers build amazing mobile solutions. They work as a team to develop custom mobile solutions for some of the best brands in the world.
Working here, you will be a part of a highly collaborative team. You will work closely with our clients developing custom mobile solutions for various industries. With the products you build, you will change people’s lives by providing them with technology that eases their pain. If you are interested in helping to drive mobile forward and changing the way companies work, then join us here at Shockoe.
Life working at Shockoe:
- Throughout the day, you will collaborate with your teammates and interact with our clients – all while being based out of our Richmond, VA office
- Grab a snack from our fully stocked kitchen
- Be a part of our Wednesday team lunch and learn (lunch is provided by Shockoe)
- Have fun every 6-8 weeks participating in Shockoe Day o’ Fun (we have gone to places like Busch Gardens, local breweries, and arcades)
- Play an active part during our annual internal Shockoe Hackathon
- Stay ahead of technology by learning not only mobile but what is the next great thing
- Build and design advanced native Android applications on the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and design new features
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and reliability
- Work on bugs and improve application performances
- Design, build, deploy, and support large, world-class enterprise-level solutions
- Consult with clients in multiple industries such as retail, agriculture, education and financial services to name a few
- Work with product managers and UI/UX designers to create a secure, seamless mobile experience.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
At this time, Shockoe cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship. In addition, we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements.
Candidates should be available for an in-person interview in Richmond, VA