Updates to existing solutions
We heard from team members who are excited at some of the updates Apple announced for existing products:
- For me, the iMessage edit/unsend functionality was kind of a surprise. Interested to see how people will react to it.- Shahir Abdul Satar
- Multiple lock screens will be dope! I’ll probably set up different ones for work/personal, like the focus modes. – Toz Grewal
- One of the biggest changes will be coming to newer iPads with the ability to have more than 3 apps on the screen at once, plus the option to extend that new screen layout in full to an external monitor with the new Stage Manager feature. – Jamie Blumberg
- Apple Pay Later – Apple Pay Later provides users in the US with a seamless and secure way to split the cost of an Apple Pay purchase into four equal payments spread over six weeks, with zero interest and no fees of any kind – Justin Boswell
Changes like these highlight the importance of listening to users and adapting to meet (and exceed) their needs. Doing so keeps your audience engaged with your solutions as they find new ways to interact with them.
Changes for developers
Along with new features for consumers, the Shockoe team can’t wait to get to work on some of the new developer solutions announced at WWDC. We’re always looking for new ways to push the mobile experience forward and these announcements got everyone excited:
- Carplay was by far the coolest part for me. It will be interesting to see how we as developers can build apps that are native to cars now. – Shane Nelson
- From a strictly development view I’m excited for: XCode Cloud which is now available to all, Async await has gotten way more powerful, SwiftUI – Extending capabilities for navigation flows, grid layouts, and ways to provide a UIKit UITableView/UICollectionView with SwiftUI views without adding a hosting view controller, PassKeys – New AuthWebn security that completely does away with passwords and relies on your device to validate with a public key kept on server backends to authenticate. Your device and biometrics are the new login and it works on any platform, Swift Package Plugins – Add your own custom plugins for xcode to things such as SwiftLint, file formatting, or really anything you like that integrates with your development flow. – Justin Boswell
We can’t wait to get started on the new features from both Apple’s WWDC and Google I/O! If you’re looking for a product partner that can help you design and develop the best mobile solution for now and what’s next, get in touch with us today.